Toads are mostly right-handed and pounce more quickly on morsels of food that enter their line of vision from their right, while me and the Sulphur Crested Cockatoo are entirely left-handed…(-:
This just recently in from my “Left Handers Club Newsletter.”
There have been lots of reports over the years about various animals showing hand preference and here is a brief summary of what they found:
- Cats, female are right-handed while toms favor the left.
- Dogs the same until spayed or neutered which suggest hormones may play a role in their handedness.
- Toads, right-handed.
- Humpbacked Whales, right jawed when it comes to scooping up food.
- Polar bears, myth has it they are left-handed.
Click HERE to see full article.
- (Toad Baby Snaps ACEO sized, hand embellished print for sale on ETSY)